Skip to main content

Growth Mindset


                           
Image link
            
Image link


  1. Have you heard of Carol Dweck and/or the growth mindset before? How did you learn about it?
  2. How do you see yourself on the spectrum of growth-fixed mindset in your schoolwork? what about other aspects of your life? (for example, if you are an athlete, can you relate to this from a sports perspective? music? travelling? cooking?)

   I was surprised when I watched the first part of the talk about "Growth Mindset" by Carol Dweck because she said that grading your work as "Not yet" instead of a low grade number is fantastic. I couldn't get the idea at first since I've never really thought about it too much like in this context. I usually try to work hard on my next project taking into consideration my grades no matter how low they are.

However, after listening to her talk it made me reflect on the way I confront my grades and my attitude towards them. It made me realize how sometimes instead of understanding the reason of my reading, I move on and try again on my next assignment instead of really understanding my mistakes and wanting to learn from my grades. I think that facing the results of my work and wanting to learn from them is a skill that I haven't mastered yet and that this talk, "Growth Mindset" made me think that I should think positively about my low grades and learn from it.

Yes. Sometimes I hesitate because I am scared to face it. But also, there are some times that I can't avoid it such as during sports matches( badminton or volleyball). I am very competitive during all my matches and I guess this is where I can say that my growth mindset is good because I never give up and I always try to find ways and techniques in order to win which really works most of the time. That is why whenever I lost, I would always tell myself that it's okay to lose, at least I learned something during that time and it could give me motivation to practice more and be better.

It's just like what Carol Dweck said, "Make challenges the new comfort zone"


Image link

I also attached some images I found on Pinterest that could summarize what I've learned from the talk. Hopefully you like this blog! 

See you next time!👋


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future Animator 😁

If you've been reading my blog post since the day I started, you have read my first introduction. However, I haven't really talked about myself. So in this post, I will along with questions from the tasks we have given. 😁 My photo from last year First of all my name is Flosie Jane Sazon, I am currently a 2nd-year student studying Creative Digital Media at the  Technological University of Dublin located in Blanchardstown Campus. I'm 20 years old (even though I don't look my age 😂) and I have been living in Ireland since I was 13. This course wasn't actually my first choice even though I love art. My first choice was something about business and language which was way different from what I'm doing now, but I'm really happy that I'm doing what I love. Even though there were a lot of times convincing my parents but everything went well in the end.😂😂 What was the best class you took last semester? why? Even though I enjoyed Web Development and Design Proc

Game Idea Research

Maze  Inspiration Last week, I started to collect some game ideas and talk about what we like about them. However this week, we have to choose on out of all the game ideas we picked. The game that I decided to do is similar to "Roller Splat!" but in 3D instead because that is the type of game we are learning in Unity. I think that it will be helpful as I can utilize the skills that I learned from the tutorials to my project instead of studying another type of game. I will have more time to develop my game better if I stick to 3D style as well. Choosing this type of game is also a good starter, especially for people who want to make a game for the first time like me. My game will also be played in a first person point of view means that the camera of will be placed at the back following the ball inside the maze. While doing my secondary research, I find countless of game tutorials on YouTube that are related to the idea I am going for. Most of them are also made in Unity which

Exploring Game Design

Inspiration image about discovering new things We started this week's tasks by reading articles about defining what a game is to a more detail and in depth explanations.  I used to define "game" as one or multiple players who works together to complete certain tasks with a set of rules that they must follow whether they win or lose. However if I put more thoughts into it, the definition gets more profound and brings me more in depth about what a game truly is. As I read though the first article that was talking about particular definitions of what a game is depending on how much interaction they have with it. For example, the more interest they have about games the more knowledge they can share with people. There is an interpretation from the article that I like based on a book called "Rules of Play" by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman. They explained that games are a "system in which players engage in an artificial, defined by rules, that results in a quanti