Skip to main content

Prototype

 

Screenshot of before I added a ground texture


Hi guys, another night, another blog! For this week's tasks, we have to start making our game project such as the basic things that could help us visualize and have a starting point. For this part, I was having a hard time starting because I couldn't find suitable assets for my game making me feel lost for a while and I panicked. I took a deep breath and decided to start again by looking at some prototype blogs that were already posted by other students to find some motivations and ideas that could help me rethink. Luckily I did find some inspirations as there are few students who are doing maze puzzles as well. 

I used this maze generator website to create the maze for me instead of doing it from scratch which would take me a while to do. Thanks to Aoibhe, her blog helped me to remember that there's a maze generator! She also found a quick tutorial to make a maze as some of the videos I collected were too long and it has too many things I need to follow through their tutorials. (I messaged her before using the links she used as well).


Screenshot of after


I also couldn't do more things today as I was feeling stressed out to start the game but I will be doing some more coding during the week because I did not do a lot today. I also found suitable grass textures for my game and hopefully, most of them would work. Making the walls of the maze took me a while to complete because I have to do them individually.

I also realized that I have to give more time for these tasks from now on as I wasted so much time struggling today. This makes me create more reachable targets so I won't be panicking during the time I will start coding my game. I might also have to go back over some unity tutorials to help me understand the coding more.

Comments

  1. Hi Flosie! Your maze game looks incredible so far, don't worry I was pretty stressed out myself and looking at other peoples games they are way cooler than mine so it's making me a little overwhelmed. I would have never thought of a maze generator that's a pretty smart idea I probably don't have the brains to even think of that. What if you had a pac-man sort of game to it? Where there's enemies following you around? Will the maze have different colours to it or is it just going to be grey? I'm really looking forward to seeing your game come along in the future! - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Flosie,
    I think you actually did great considering you had a lot of trouble so I think you should be proud of the work that you did get done. I know that's easier said than done but look you've started now that's the first step and you can only go forward from here. Your doing great keep going. Can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Flosie, your game looks like it's coming together nicely. I also had issues with finding the right assets, I don't think you're alone on that. I've been following along on your project, and I can definitely see you're making progress. The maze generator is a fantastic idea, I'm sure it'll be incredibly handy along this journey. Is there anything you think you may have to sacrifice just to finish your game? Anything that you'd like to change or add since your initial idea? I think we forget just how simple these games can be, mine is nothing like it's first draft. Best of luck, looking forward to the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hii, Flosie!
    At first, I had the same problem as you when looking for assets, especially because I wanted free assets and the free ones weren't exactly as I had imagined, but oh well hahahah
    From the images you have added, your game will look amazing!!
    Best of luck on finishing your game, hope I can play it when it is ready :D
    LΓ­via Alencar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future Animator 😁

If you've been reading my blog post since the day I started, you have read my first introduction. However, I haven't really talked about myself. So in this post, I will along with questions from the tasks we have given. 😁 My photo from last year First of all my name is Flosie Jane Sazon, I am currently a 2nd-year student studying Creative Digital Media at the  Technological University of Dublin located in Blanchardstown Campus. I'm 20 years old (even though I don't look my age πŸ˜‚) and I have been living in Ireland since I was 13. This course wasn't actually my first choice even though I love art. My first choice was something about business and language which was way different from what I'm doing now, but I'm really happy that I'm doing what I love. Even though there were a lot of times convincing my parents but everything went well in the end.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ What was the best class you took last semester? why? Even though I enjoyed Web Development and Design Proc

Game Idea Research

Maze  Inspiration Last week, I started to collect some game ideas and talk about what we like about them. However this week, we have to choose on out of all the game ideas we picked. The game that I decided to do is similar to "Roller Splat!" but in 3D instead because that is the type of game we are learning in Unity. I think that it will be helpful as I can utilize the skills that I learned from the tutorials to my project instead of studying another type of game. I will have more time to develop my game better if I stick to 3D style as well. Choosing this type of game is also a good starter, especially for people who want to make a game for the first time like me. My game will also be played in a first person point of view means that the camera of will be placed at the back following the ball inside the maze. While doing my secondary research, I find countless of game tutorials on YouTube that are related to the idea I am going for. Most of them are also made in Unity which

Exploring Game Design

Inspiration image about discovering new things We started this week's tasks by reading articles about defining what a game is to a more detail and in depth explanations.  I used to define "game" as one or multiple players who works together to complete certain tasks with a set of rules that they must follow whether they win or lose. However if I put more thoughts into it, the definition gets more profound and brings me more in depth about what a game truly is. As I read though the first article that was talking about particular definitions of what a game is depending on how much interaction they have with it. For example, the more interest they have about games the more knowledge they can share with people. There is an interpretation from the article that I like based on a book called "Rules of Play" by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman. They explained that games are a "system in which players engage in an artificial, defined by rules, that results in a quanti