Skip to main content

Reading 07: Applying the Feedback

An image of a typewriter by Mylucie

We were given a task this week to review the annotated bibliographies of other students in our year and give them critical feedback at the end. It was interesting to read other student's work because everyone has a unique style of writing therefore it was nice to see how they talk about their topics. It also helped me to recognize what I was missing from my own work and what I needed to improve. For example, I need to include an introduction and a conclusion on each of my themes as I thought we only must write them after we have talked about the themes, however,  I found out that it is also a whole separate introduction and conclusion for the overall topic. I also have to recheck my citations and make sure that I reference my work correctly as well. 

I am also happy to get critical feedback from other students as it really helped me to organize and modify my work better. As you open the link above, you will see the texts I added in orange color which are the missing references, introduction, and conclusion that I did not add last week. I create a new document for this week as I think that it would be easier to find as the readers do not have to scroll down at the end of the document. I also based it on the feedback that I received this week which was extremely helpful to me!

Here is the link to my Annotated Bibliography for this week.

 

Comments

  1. Hi, Flosie!
    This weeks Reading task also helped me to recognize what I was doing wrong on my work and what I have to improve. I was doing it all wrong ~ sad.
    I had a quick read over your document and it is looking so nice and neat *-*
    Keep up with the the good work :D
    LΓ­via Alencar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future Animator 😁

If you've been reading my blog post since the day I started, you have read my first introduction. However, I haven't really talked about myself. So in this post, I will along with questions from the tasks we have given. 😁 My photo from last year First of all my name is Flosie Jane Sazon, I am currently a 2nd-year student studying Creative Digital Media at the  Technological University of Dublin located in Blanchardstown Campus. I'm 20 years old (even though I don't look my age πŸ˜‚) and I have been living in Ireland since I was 13. This course wasn't actually my first choice even though I love art. My first choice was something about business and language which was way different from what I'm doing now, but I'm really happy that I'm doing what I love. Even though there were a lot of times convincing my parents but everything went well in the end.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ What was the best class you took last semester? why? Even though I enjoyed Web Development and Design Proc

Game Idea Research

Maze  Inspiration Last week, I started to collect some game ideas and talk about what we like about them. However this week, we have to choose on out of all the game ideas we picked. The game that I decided to do is similar to "Roller Splat!" but in 3D instead because that is the type of game we are learning in Unity. I think that it will be helpful as I can utilize the skills that I learned from the tutorials to my project instead of studying another type of game. I will have more time to develop my game better if I stick to 3D style as well. Choosing this type of game is also a good starter, especially for people who want to make a game for the first time like me. My game will also be played in a first person point of view means that the camera of will be placed at the back following the ball inside the maze. While doing my secondary research, I find countless of game tutorials on YouTube that are related to the idea I am going for. Most of them are also made in Unity which

Exploring Game Design

Inspiration image about discovering new things We started this week's tasks by reading articles about defining what a game is to a more detail and in depth explanations.  I used to define "game" as one or multiple players who works together to complete certain tasks with a set of rules that they must follow whether they win or lose. However if I put more thoughts into it, the definition gets more profound and brings me more in depth about what a game truly is. As I read though the first article that was talking about particular definitions of what a game is depending on how much interaction they have with it. For example, the more interest they have about games the more knowledge they can share with people. There is an interpretation from the article that I like based on a book called "Rules of Play" by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman. They explained that games are a "system in which players engage in an artificial, defined by rules, that results in a quanti