Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 5

 

Screenshot of my overall work


Hi guys, I was not able to upload a new Unity tutorial blog last week as I was not able to fix the problem throughout the whole week and I have had to work on other modules. Therefore, this is the only time I get to write a blog :(. I nearly gave up fixing my game because there were few errors that I do not know came from and I was given a bit of advice to repeat the last tasks I was doing even though the errors were still there so I think of starting over again which made me stressed more! Fortunately, I tried to check my codes again and there it was! I found the missing code and the errors are gone!! You cannot imagine how happy I was hahaha. 

Even some of my character is not perfectly working, I was still able to continue working with the other tutorials as it says that it's not a major problem and I can just go back and fix it anytime whenever I want to so it is all good! I also find this week's tutorial easy enough and it did not have many steps which makes me complete the work quicker and I was able to have a start with this week's tutorial and I am thinking to complete our unity tutorial this week so I will have more time to focus on other modules work and especially our Writing Project!


A screenshot of my game in play mode.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future Animator 😁

If you've been reading my blog post since the day I started, you have read my first introduction. However, I haven't really talked about myself. So in this post, I will along with questions from the tasks we have given. 😁 My photo from last year First of all my name is Flosie Jane Sazon, I am currently a 2nd-year student studying Creative Digital Media at the  Technological University of Dublin located in Blanchardstown Campus. I'm 20 years old (even though I don't look my age 😂) and I have been living in Ireland since I was 13. This course wasn't actually my first choice even though I love art. My first choice was something about business and language which was way different from what I'm doing now, but I'm really happy that I'm doing what I love. Even though there were a lot of times convincing my parents but everything went well in the end.😂😂 What was the best class you took last semester? why? Even though I enjoyed Web Development and Design Proc

Game Idea Research

Maze  Inspiration Last week, I started to collect some game ideas and talk about what we like about them. However this week, we have to choose on out of all the game ideas we picked. The game that I decided to do is similar to "Roller Splat!" but in 3D instead because that is the type of game we are learning in Unity. I think that it will be helpful as I can utilize the skills that I learned from the tutorials to my project instead of studying another type of game. I will have more time to develop my game better if I stick to 3D style as well. Choosing this type of game is also a good starter, especially for people who want to make a game for the first time like me. My game will also be played in a first person point of view means that the camera of will be placed at the back following the ball inside the maze. While doing my secondary research, I find countless of game tutorials on YouTube that are related to the idea I am going for. Most of them are also made in Unity which

Exploring Game Design

Inspiration image about discovering new things We started this week's tasks by reading articles about defining what a game is to a more detail and in depth explanations.  I used to define "game" as one or multiple players who works together to complete certain tasks with a set of rules that they must follow whether they win or lose. However if I put more thoughts into it, the definition gets more profound and brings me more in depth about what a game truly is. As I read though the first article that was talking about particular definitions of what a game is depending on how much interaction they have with it. For example, the more interest they have about games the more knowledge they can share with people. There is an interpretation from the article that I like based on a book called "Rules of Play" by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman. They explained that games are a "system in which players engage in an artificial, defined by rules, that results in a quanti